Wednesday, April 4, 2012

California, three strikes and you're out.

Family moved to Ca in '76 and from the start I never liked it. Ran away quite a bit just to see what was on the other side of the bridge. Finally made it out at 18. Came back pregnant at 36, Just to be close to family, promises were not kept, so left again when mini-me was 2. Came back again because I was tired of being alone and away from the west coast. Only took 6 months before I was eager to leave again. Too much red tape and idiotic, nit-picky laws and rules. Took almost 2weeks to get approved for after-schoolcare, now I can't get a DL due to nit-picky regulations. Wish things would hit the fan, maybe then people would take your name at face value.This name I've had for 26 years and had NE DL and SS card. Had to sell my truck due to registration being so high here and mechanics that wouldn't listen to a woman and fix other things and never the right thing. It's looking like the only way out is the way I always go, couple of suitcases, leaving most of my stuff behind......California dreaming is a nightmare.

2 comments:

BobG said...

“There is science, logic, reason; there is thought verified by experience.
And then there is California.”
- Edward Abbey

Wolfdancer32266 said...

Good one.:)