Garlic Onion Focaccia
* 1 cup water (70 degrees to 80 degrees)
* 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups bread flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
* 2 large onions, thinly sliced
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order
suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5
minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
When cycle is completed, turn dough onto floured surface. Roll into
12-in. circle. Transfer to a 14-in. pizza pan coated with nonstick
cooking spray. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30
2. In a large skillet, cook onions and garlic in butter over medium
heat for 15-20 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring
3. With the end of a wooden spoon handle, make indentations in dough
at 1-in. intervals. Top with onion mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
a wire rack. Cut into wedges and serve warm.