November 16, 2007
An old proverb recently came to mind, causing me Google the phrase, “give a man a fish.” It’s a Chinese proverb, but it is not a Communist Chinese proverb:
“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”
The reason I’m so sure it’s not a Communist Chinese proverb is that one of the major tenets of a socialist/communist society is to strongly discourage independent thinking and self-sufficiency. Schools in Communist China are not designed to produce well-educated, independent-thinking and self-reliant citizens. Guess what? America’s public schools aren’t designed for that purpose either.
About 150 years ago, nearly 80% of Americans were self-employed. Today that figure is about 10%. About 150 years ago, over 85% of Americans were educated at home or in one-room, church-affiliated, community schoolhouses, and America’s literacy rate was over 95%. Today, 85% of American children are “schooled” [as opposed to educated] in public schools, and barely 60% of Americans can be called literate. Do you see a pattern here?
Go back to give a man a fish and think about it. If you give a hungry man a fish but don’t teach him how to catch a fish, he’ll be hungry tomorrow and probably come back to the source of free fish. Make him dependent on you as the source for free meals, and he’ll be indebted – enslaved – to you. It sounds simple, but it’s more complicated than that.
The devils who are giving away allegorical fish but discouraging/preventing most Americans from learning to fish are the ones I referred to as Principals of Newspeak in a previous article, The Seven Deadly Sins of Public Education. Some folks thought this English teacher was using the wrong homonym, so I thought I’d better explain why I deliberately used a play on words to describe the principal malefactors who’ve been using George Orwell’s Principles of Newspeak to dumb down and control Americans. If you’d like a scholarly explanation, read Dean Gotcher’s paper, The Dialectic and Praxis: Diaprax and the End of the Ages. My less-than-scholarly explanation follows:
- Academia. Our knowledge is the sum of our experiences, which includes our experiences in the classroom [book knowledge] and life itself. If academia can limit our experiences, they can limit our knowledge. Public schools were thus designed to control academic [and biblical] knowledge. I don’t have space for a thorough history here, so I’ll refer you to the best source on the history of public education, former New York public school Teacher of the Year, John Taylor Gatto’s The Underground History of American Education. If you must, cut to the chase and go to Chapter Eight’s subchapter, entitled “German Mind Science.” From kindergarten to grad school, American academia doesn’t even try to educate a generation of free-thinking, independent Americans. That’s why our colleges have become cesspools of liberal ideology and anti-Christian, anti-American nutcases.
- Big Business. Americans used to educate their children with middle class work ethics and moral values, a tradition that continued, at least at first, when compulsory public schooling began. Teachers then were primarily from middle class, Christian families. But the very, very rich [i.e., Carnegie, Rockefeller, Morgan, Peabody, Ford, Vanderbilt and others] felt threatened by the growing middle class. Carnegie and Rockefeller were so concerned, they bought control of local schools from their perspective states. Schools were “purchased” via land grant incentives and money for textbooks [dumbed down textbooks] and teacher colleges, etc. Eventually, their control of schools was passed on to the federal government, which they also owned. Again, I refer you to John Gatto’s book, Charlotte Iserbyt’s the deliberate dumbing down of america, David Kupelian’s The Marketing of Evil or David Rivera’s paper, Final Warning: A History of the New World Order. If you think it’s not all about money, your independent thinking skills have been seriously hampered. See Academia.
- Entertainment Industry. Americans used to read profusely – newspapers, novels, and especially the Bible. Reading, family meals and worship services were our primary entertainment. Not anymore. A whole industry has evolved to stop us from musing by amusing us. Like our schools, they feed our emotions and starve our minds.o We get their selective “headline” news from an electronic box. For many Americans, sports are the very center of their lives, but they’re not playing a sport and thereby getting the benefit of physical exercise. Even hunting and fishing have become spectator sports! [Every Saturday I watch some vegan throw back perfectly good fish.]
o Although very few people waste their money on them, movies about sodomite cowboys get rave reviews and awards. Television gets better results. Most TV programming consists of vulgar sit-coms, unrealistic reality shows and dumb detective dramas – nothing for the mind.
o Comedy is especially effective in promoting the homosexual agenda. Gay and lesbian actors and talk show hosts have hours of air time to brainwash Americans into accepting their perverted lifestyle because Bible-ignorant Americans no longer know that the God their parents believed in and obeyed considers homosexuality an abomination. With the same rhetorical skills I talked about in a previous article, It’s Just an Act, entertainers manipulate the masses into seeing the world their way, even to the point of convincing them to give up politically incorrect albeit constitutional rights.
- Government Courts & Bureaucracies. Supreme Court decisions in 1962, 1963 and 1980 didn’t take god [lower case] out of public schools. Religion – Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and especially Humanism – are still quite welcome. It’s Christ and Christianity they don’t want. For over 60 years, our courts have been stacked with anti-Christian liberals and neo-con internationalists who disregard the Constitution and legislate from the bench. These un-elected tyrants are re-writing the Constitution and will soon outlaw the Bible, but history-ignorant Americans don’t realize it. Rights never granted to the federal government have been stolen from the states and citizens [i.e., freedom of religion, freedom of speech, private gun ownership, education, etc.], and rights never mentioned in the Constitution have become law [i.e., right to commit murder in a doctor’s office or sodomy in public]. To enforce these judicial laws, a myriad of bureaucracies were created [i.e., AFT, CDC, EPA, CPSC, FDA, FEMA, IRS, OSHA, VA, Homeland Security, Department of Education, etc.]. To understand how the courts and bureaucracies work hand-in-hand to control us, I suggest an article by Virginia Birt Baker called Public Schools, Home Schools, and Private Schools. Without a third political party that’s totally dedicated to restoring our Constitutional [hint, hint] Republic, it really doesn’t matter who holds the most seats in Congress or who lives in the White House. This country is ruled by the unelected.
- News Media. It’s the news media that explains to the ignorant masses what is is. They decide what is newsworthy and what is not, covering only those stories that support their pro-abortion, homomaniac agenda and ignoring those stories that might hurt their cause or reveal the debauchery of their comrades (i.e., gay pride parades in which nude men and women openly perform perverted sex acts in public or chant “we want your children” as they pound on the doors of a church). Whether it’s a TV or radio news network, newspaper or magazine, the news media as a whole has the notorious reputation of pre-selecting, pasteurizing and propagating their own warped version of the truth, thus fulfilling the role of George Orwell’s Ministry of Truth.
- Religious [as opposed to Christian] Organizations, Balaamites & Mega-Churches. Go back to the fish proverb and instead of fish, think in terms of bread. The Israelites were made to wander in the desert for 40 years. God fed them bread from heaven or manna, enough food for a day. He was teaching them to depend solely on Him for food but not just food, for as He told them in Deut. 8:3, “…man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord…” Please note that modern bibles, all based on 4th century manuscripts from Gnostic headquarters, Alexandria, Egypt, record Jesus, the Bread of Life, quoting only half this verse in Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4. Why? Someone doesn’t want you to understand the full meaning of the verse. We should depend on God and God alone. Big Brother now tells us to depend on him, that he’ll take care of us from the cradle to the grave. With an almost religious fervor, we’re told to show our unquestioned patriotism to Big Brother. This fervor is not only supported by the liberal mega-churches and pseudo-Christian organizations [i.e., NCC, WCC] but by many evangelical and fundamentalist churches. Like that Old Testament prophet for profit, church leaders are selling us out to the god [lower case] of this world. Each year seminaries turn out thousands of Balaamite preachers who know more theology than Bible and teach [not preach] feel-good messages that invite all [except Bible-believers] to join their universal church. Are you a member? Please review Pastor Chuck Baldwin’s recent articles, American Pastors: Preachers of Truth or Promoters of Tyranny or The Church in Apostasy, or get a copy of any of the following books: The Late Great Evangelical Church, The Coming Destruction of the Baptist People, One Book Stands Alone, Things That Are Different Are Not The Same and New Age Bible Versions.
- Subversive Organizations. These are the demons who support the devils above, sometimes overtly but usually subversively. Here are just a few:o ACLU. The anti-Christian liberals union exists for the sole purpose of legally opposing your freedom of religion and the free exercise thereof.
o CFR. The council on foreign relations was organized by international elitists who created the UN with the sole purpose of subverting U.S. sovereignty with treaties beneficial to socialist/communist and third world countries.
o NEA/AFT. The teachers’ unions have one purpose – maintain control of public schools and the minds of your children. Education is not part of their agenda.
o PP. This group’s planned infanticide ensures the abortion industry suffers no financial losses by claiming the earth, which is capable of sustaining a human population of over 50 billion, cannot sustain its current population of six billion.
Notice I haven’t used the word conspiracy in this article. These principals don’t have to conspire with each other. They all work for the same superintendent, whom the Bible calls by many names. I call him Big Brother.
Maybe as writer/activist Barbara Peterson suggests, it’s time we took lessons from that old fisherman, Henry David Thoreau. If only Americans would stand up for what we say we believe as Thoreau did in 1849. I heard a story of how he was jailed once for protesting the institution of slavery [like the institutions abortion and public schools]. A friend visited him at the jailhouse window and asked him what he was doing “in there.” Henry’s reply was, “On the contrary, what are you doing out there?”
If you’re content receiving free fish, please stay outside. But if you prefer freedom, and you’re really opposed to slavery, join the fray.
© 2007 - R.C. Murray - All Rights Reserved
E-Mails are used strictly for NWVs alerts, not for sale
R.C. Murray is a disabled veteran and former public school teacher. He left a good job as a technical writer for a satellite manufacturer in order to teach high school English, only to immediately be told he could not expect, much less require his students to read their literature assignments. After four years of fighting The System and having a stroke then a mini-stroke, he decided he was safer in the airborne infantry and returned to being a technical writer for a military contractor.
He has also dedicated the rest of his life to exhorting parents about what’s really going on in their local public school, the one they think is a good school. R.C. Murray is the author of two books, Golden Knights: History of the U.S. Army Parachute Team and most recently, Legally STUPiD: Why Johnny doesn’t have to read.